Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nissan Call # 21 ticket number 713-XXXX

May 11, 2011

Elizabeth Dimick called at 11:49am

call length:  21min:15seconds

615-725-1000 (caller ID)

615-725-7559 (Elizabeth Dimick's Direct Line)


After making me jump through hoops for 7 weeks & making me find VIN numbers to the 5 Nissan cars my family has owned, Elizabeth Dimick called to let me know that they would not help me.

I asked to speak with her manager and she said that there was no one else for me to speak with.  I said, "There is NO ONE else that I can talk to? I find that very difficult to believe."

"I'm sorry you feel that way ma'am."

"I said, you have no manager?"

"No, ma'am."

"I want your job!  This makes absolutely no sense, who do you call when you need to call out sick?"

"I don't think that is any of your business. I do not need to explain myself to you.  They do not work for this company and have no bearing on the decision of your claim."

"Really. I would like to escalate this further."

"As I already TOLD YOU, there is no one else.  I work for the CEO."

"Well, then I would like to speak to him."

"You can't. He doesn't talk to customers. The only thing you can do is write a letter to him."

"I would like to speak with the CEO, please."

"I don't know where he is, he travels a lot."

"You work for the CEO and you have no idea where he is?"

"No. The only thing you can do is write a letter. Would you like the address."

"I would like to speak to someone else above you."

"There is no one else."

"Well, then if there is no one else, then surely you have the ability to help me.  You told me that the region said no, so, why, then wouldn't you back your product and try to retain an loyal customer if you have the power to do so?"

"It is the region's decision."

"That makes no sense, if you're as high as I get, then clearly you have more authority than they do.  If that's not the case, then I haven't been escalated at all."

"It's a mutual respect thing.  We discussed it and I am not going to go over their head with a different decision."

"Then what is the point of this escalation process then?"

"You didn't have your car serviced at a Nissan dealership.  We are not going ot assist you with your claim.  Your mechanic should have told you the engine was dead before you replaced the catalytic converters."

"I said, the engine was dead regardless!  Whether or not I replaced the catalytic converters does not change the fact that your defective design and parts ruined this engine! The car is dead either way!"

"You never brought your vehicle to Nissan for service.  Did you ever contact them about this problem?"

"Yes! I called the local dealer 2.5 years ago and asked about my car and the recall and technical service bulletin for the problem with the catalytic converters and the crank position sensor. I was told that my car had no recalls issued against it. Clearly Nissan has failed to identify all of the vehicles affected in this recall."

"Well, they are an independent dealer.  You should have contacted Nissan North America directly."

"So let me get this straight, if I had brought the car to NIssan - the independently owned Nissan dealership -- for service, your answer regarding this claim may be different.  But I contact them about a recall and NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT wasn't good enough?  So, you don't stand behind your dealerships either?!?"

"Please don't put words in my mouth."

"Please stop lying to me and changing your story. You just told me that calling the dealership regarding a recall was not reliable."

"You should have brought your vehicle in for service at Nissan.  You did not do that. I'm sorry you do not like my answer.  The decision stands."

"I would like to speak to your manager and escalate this further."

"The decision stands. Would you like the address to write a letter."

"I will take it."


"Carlos Ghosn
Consumer Affairs P-3c
Po Box 685003
Franklin, TN 37068-5003"

"I would like to speak with him now."

"I already told you, that you can't."

"I would like to escalate this claim."

"Maybe you're not understanding me. I will tell you one more time that the decision stands. There is no one else for you to speak with."

"I understand what you're saying, I'm not an idiot.  YOU don't seem to get what I'm saying at all.  This is a drop in the bucket financially for Nissan.  The effects that this repair will have on my finances are catastrophic.  It is UNBELIEVABLE to me that you care so little about my loyalty as a customer and my future purchases.  Let it be known, this is THE LAST NISSAN I WILL EVER PURCHASE. I will tell everyone on my blog, my facebook page, the facebook group, all of the message boards, and everyone I know and will ever know, to NEVER BUY A NISSAN.  I'm absolutely flabbergasted.  I cannot believe I spent so much money on a brand that cares so little about their customer base. Unreal.  Goodbye."  **click**


So, if anyone would like to call Elizabeth and let her know that you will not be purchasing a Nissan as a result of my experience with Nissan. Please feel free!  :-)

I plan to draft a letter, but will also send it via email.  Once I figure out the correct email addresses, I will post them here.  Please feel freel, also to write a letter, to the address above and let them know how you will not be purchasing a Nissan.  Feel free to personal message me for my file number if you'd like to share it.

2003AltimaBlownEngine@gmail.com

Please note that I have paraphrased this call to the best of my ability.  As I didn't have it recorded, I could not repeat word for word.  This is my opinion of the general tone and content of this conversation.

2 comments:

  1. Just got told five minutes ago by Cambridge, Ontario Nissan dealership - that I need my converter and engine replaced!

    Add me to the list... last Nissan I will ever buy.

    My first car was a 1976 Datsun 510, I loved it. I've since bought a Pathfinder, and now the 2003 Altima 2.5L - and I'm stuck with it and the loan owing.

    Thanks for nothing Nissan !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah, I 'm so sorry!

    I am so disgusted and in utter disbelief that they care so little about their customers! Especially those of us who have had multiple Nissan vehicles!

    Try to haggle with them on the price of the labor and replacement engine. Their cost is approximately $2500.00 USD (including taxes) for both parts and labor.

    I'm not sure what the dealer cost is for parts and labor on replacing the converters, but I'm sure it's significantly less than the $1355.00 USD that I paid at a private shop. Try to get them to work with you.

    If you've had your maintenance done at the dealership, or had the car checked previously by the dealership for this problem, you may have a more solid case than I had. I'd encourage you to contact them and see if they will help you.

    Please keep me posted on your progress! Also, please join the facebook group!

    ReplyDelete