Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nissan Call # 11 ticket number 713-XXXX

Called into the call center 800-343-6913

I should note that while the representatives give you an extension to reach them, you are required to sit on hold until someone else picks up the phone.  There is no way to enter the extension so that you can simply leave a voice mail for your regional representative.

This morning, I was on the phone for a total of 32min:05 seconds.  I was on hold for approximately 28 minutes. Unacceptable!!!!

I did not catch the representative's name since I was walking into work and it was very windy.  However, she looked in the file and saw that Rebecca was my representative and that she was waiting for additional information.  She offered to send Rebecca an internal message to call me since Rebecca was in a meeting.  She also transferred me to Rebecca's voicemail where I left yet another message.

This was my breaking point.  I decided after 11 phone calls, and now nearly 5 weeks of playing with Nissan of North America, that I would publish all of the blog posts that I've been holding.  Today was the "go live" date.

I didn't mention this before, but in addition to being a doula, I also have a 40 hr a week job.  I have been having to find rides and borrow cars to get to work and to births.  Since, this all started, I have had two VERY LONG (over 24 hours) births.  The people allowing me to use their vehicles do this and they have NO IDEA how long they will be without their own cars.  I am very lucky they are in my life, but their patience is wearing thin. It shouldn't have to be like this.  I'm starting to think that perhaps I shouldn't have been so smug.. and that perhaps I should've bought that Camry.  At least they always run... (even they don't always stop. <ahem>)

I JUST paid this Altima off.  I have had it for 4.5 years and for roughly 55k miles. I paid $17,000.00 for this thing. IT. SHOULD. NOT.YET.BE.DEAD.

If Nissan doesn't make this right, I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER ONE AGAIN.  And I will tell EVERYONE that I know, to never buy a Nissan.

Btw, we recently called about a recall on the 2003 Maxima in our household -- this was for the crank position sensor recall.  The VIN falls smack in the middle of the recall and yet Nissan claims the car isn't included in it.  I think I've heard this story before...

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm Billy, and I am having the same issues. I just replaced the factory engine with a used one and now the car (while traveling down the highway) looses its ability to take throttle. I myself being a mechanic started initial diagnostics with little to no result, so swallowed my pride and took it to the local dealership in hopes that the Quest tool would shed some light on the issues. Two hours and 100$ later they tell me that the precat is going bad and they recommend replacing the engine. My new one currently runs like a kitten, but undoubtedly the cat material is breaking away and causing some unknown engine sensor to trip the engine "limp home" mode. I think at this point I in light of your and a host of other peoples' experience I am going to gut the cat and see what happens. I am not willing at this point to put any more capital into my altima. I am now DISGUSTED with nissan and plan on getting rid of the LEMON!!!.....keep us posted on your progress
    ~Billy

    ReplyDelete